I was surprised and excited that I was picked for this trial. I love eating out and I love Italian food. There is a new Carluccios opended in Woking where I live and I thought that if I got picked for this trial I could try this new restaurant out. I have the best of both worlds, Italian food at a new restaurant for free!
When I found out I was picked I imagined I would get a voucher to spend there but I was not expecting one with such a high value which makes this trial even better. I expect good quality food.
• Lovely clean decoration and layout
• Very attentive staff especially Monica
• Superb food and good variety
• Selection of menus – daytime set menu/ evening, gluten free options
• Relaxing atmosphere and very welcoming
• Shop selling Italian products
• Clean toilets. I used disabled due to mobility issues
• Suitable music playing throughout, not too loud
• Choice of inside or outside seating. We sat inside but was outside as sliding doors were open, so we had the best of both worlds
• Staff did not wear name badges so we had to ask our waitress for her name
• Coca Cola came out in plastic bottle which looked a bit cheap but at least you got 500ml of drink
• Sometimes you could get the smell of cigarette smoke inside due to smokers outside
I have been to Carluccios a few years ago but this new one is Woking exceeded my expectations. The service was second to none and the food was super with large portions. Our waitress Monica was great and chatted to us like friends which made us feel very relaxed, nothing was too much trouble. The prices were as expected and the menu choice great although it would be nice if they did pizza too. I would recommend Carluccios for a family meal, a light lunch, coffee and cake, formal dining and dining with children as there is a children menu too.